Hail Caeser Late Republican Roman v Later Carthaginian 400point Army Battle in Northern Italy. Livi's army is looking really good he has put a lot of effort into painting figures. However he is looking for a change of elephants and a round shield punic spearman rather than a long shield which he has, they can become celtiberians.
This battle featured
- Masses of Gauls who like Steven Seagal were HARD TO KILL.
- My 25 year old republican army with one unit of 3 year old Italian allies
- As befitting an Italian Army no upgraded troops and only one unit ot Triari
- My 25 year old little town of Piceum on a hill top
- Vineyards and one straight road
- And one Jumbo in the middle of the field that just kept coming back for more
|Piceum with Velites|
|First attempt to kill Gauls|
all the Principes are dead, with celts running about the battlefield waving heads, one unit of Hastati lived but here we have the Numidians holding the line backed up by Triari, the triari formed the support in seven combats in the battle before tackling Jumbo
|Second attempt to kill gauls|
A final victory parade of Elephants under Piceum, closest one in the shot was the beast in the battle