Monday, 22 June 2020

Liaoyang Outer Defenses Mound Hill

Outer Defences

This was the first night action of the campaign with both sides giving decent plans.  This is the most interpetation I had to do for one battle.  There was a Japanese Army commander and a Japanese Divisional commander, I am focussing here on the Divisional Commanders Night action

Currently using word maps the players can draw on and send back to me.  In this battle the Japanese player had an order sheet amended from Great War Spearhead 

Unit
Order & Objective
Divisional HQ

Divisional cavalry
Support 3rd Regiment
MG Company
Advance & Capture The Mound
1st Regiment
Advance & Capture Mound Hill then advance and capture Cairn Hill
2nd Regiment
Advance & capture West edge of One Tree Ridge
3rd Regiment
Advance & capture centre of One Tree Ridge
4th Regiment
Advance & capture east edge of One Tree Ridge then advance and capture Brook village
Artillery
Harrasement barrage on Cairn Hill and west edge of One Tree Ridge in advance of 1st and 2nd Regiment attack.

I also got a fantastic map which I printed out and annotated with casualty figures, the successful attacks were made by the MG Company and the 2nd & 3rd regiments


The Russian Player was really screwed by both flanks being left open the other Russian corps falling back under orders from Kuropatkin.  Russian commanders of the time started to question the thinking of "the Staff".  

It gives me a chance to show off the Pendraken figures I have painted up


winter uniforms

Japanese advance on Mound Hill

the Defences on Mound Hill
The gap was covered by machine guns in a kill zone


Russian riflemen

No comments:

Post a Comment